gloss differential and bronzing effect

Hi younghoon, Once again, Google to the rescue. According to Royce Bair at http://www.bairarteditions.com/pages/mediagloss.html they are one in the same:

"One disadvantage of archival inkjet printing on glossy photo paper is the phenomenon called "bronzing," or "gloss differential." Gloss differential is what happens when light is directly reflected towards the viewer from off of the print.

The result is darkened, or "bronzed," reflections where ink has been laid, and full reflection (blown-out highlights) where little to no ink has been laid. This is a concern, but not a huge problem considering the fact the photographic prints aren't that much easier to distinguish from such an angle."

Hope this helps!

I'm a bit confused by one answer here...

The effect is fundamentally a variation in specular reflection for various densities. This causes the print to look different at different viewing angles. It is not the same for different paper/ink combos--ie sometimes DARK areas look light at certain angles

I was just sent some snaps printed on some kind of Kodak Printer. The effect is so bad, I wonder whey this printer was ever released.