Rollei 6008 lenses vs Hasselblad lenses: both Zeiss but...

philippe_doll_

Unfortunately I cannot afford both systems.:-) I would not be too worried about this. Why

worry about the coating of just the front lens? All lens surfaces are coated. The coating on

all lenses for the Rollei system is called "HFT" for reasons of uniformity. The lenses made

by Carl Zeiss for Rollei are actually "T*" coated. This information is from the Zeiss

publication Camera Lens News.

I have looked at the coating on my 50mm, 80mm and 150mm Rollei lenses and those on a friends Hassy. Some have the same coloring some do not. Why the colors of the coating is a tech question outside my area of knowledge. I can say that tones and colors of my lenses and my freinds will produce on film are basicly the same. A high end mc Zeiss lens is very fine. That is true if made in the Zeiss factory or by Rollei to Zeiss standards.

Thanks for your comments, thoughts, links.

In fact I was wandering if I was the only one to observe a different rendition (colder for my perception) of the rollei 80/2.8 compared to the hasselblad 80/2.8 in b&w like in color.

I like the hassy's tones better but I like the rollei's handling better.

I like the hassy's electric-free and reliable mechanism better but I like the on-board rollei's metering and silent shutter better.

I like the hassy's full metal&leather jacket better but I like the rollei's film flatness better.

I tried a bit of everything and I used to be indecisive but now...I'm not so sure.

Philippe, I too, have observed the same phenomenon. I have both the Rollei 6008 Integral with 80mm PQS & the Hasselblad 503cw with 80mm CFE. The Hasselblad's color rendition definately seems a bit warmer to me. I also have the Schneider 80mm f/2.8 Xenotar PQ lens for my Rollei & have not noticed any difference in color rendition between the 2 lenses for that camera.