Bokeh

icuneko

Leica has never had a monopoly on pleasing bokeh, and even a mirror lens can be made to show good bokeh if the conditions are right. I wouldn't say the photos posted at dpreview show particularly good bokeh, some of the background elements show a double-line effect.

Some really cheap lenses have great bokeh and some really expensive lenses have terrible bokeh. So what? lenses are different and you judge each one by whatever qualities matter to you, be they price, sharpness, bokeh, manufacturer, country of manufacture, speed, whatever, the list goes on.

JJ

Indeed "How finicky (and critical) we have become!" I find the large rose in the background dreamy smooth. I didn't take out a pixel microscope and look for double-lines, etc. Nor do I look at individual things in isolation. Rather I was just initially impressed by the way the bokeh contributed to an overall sense of pleasing out-of-focus background in the total image. To paraphrase a saying about music from a great jazz player whose name my aging gray cells can't recall: 'If it looks good, it IS good."