w/nw Wide Angle Portraits

Now I'm really depressed. I can't afford a 90mm because I spent all my money on this damn "Major Poser" model Leica- it's even black!- with a 35mm Summicron ASPH. And now to be told that my pictures look like their from a consumer digicam-not even a DSLR! I'm going to ask for my money back. By the way, here's the uncropped version with all the dust and scratches to prove that its not from a digicam. (I don't have a Lomo either.)<div>008udN-18863484.jpg.4435e3e27f9c52b9d35b0da7c64f0a08.jpg</div>

Marc

nice thread,good idea and a good portrait but you butchered it in the crop. If you are going to take a wide angle portrait why try and make it look like it was taken with a tele. Sorry for the criticism but in my opinion you ruined that pic with the tight crop

regards Steve<div>008udn-18863784.jpg.a937e657e41faa0dc42d568d5106a465.jpg</div>

Steve, your critisim is well-taken. The original (uncropped) version with the subject smack dab in the middle of the frame seemed to me unbalanced and poorly composed. Because the focus and exposure seemed so good, I tried to "save" the photo by cropping it. (Composition, exposure, focus- when I get two out of three right, I'm having a good day.)

On reflection, I guess I tried to make a photo from a 35mm look like it was from a 90mm by trying to "get in close." I can see from many of the excellent photos in this thread, that, in its own right, the 35mm brings a lot to the table for portraits. I'll bear that in mind next time.