105mm dc f2 and 135mm dc f2 images wanted

wayne_willis2

Carl,

>>Sorry Joe, but I don't see any effect from the DC feature in you pics. In fact they all look like there were shot stopped down with DC not used.<<

Good eye. I didn't use any DC and I did stop down a few clicks, to f/4 or maybe f/5.6.

But Wayne didn't ask for pictures shot wide open or with DC, just pictures taken with the 105, which is what I posted.

Joe

I use a 135/2 DC for a low light lens, and I'm pretty impressed with the image quality wide open. I virtually never use the DC feature.

I note that you're using a Fuji S2. When I have tried the 135/2 on a D100, I found the D100 could not adequately AF the lens in low light for basketball. Given time, it comes up with a solution, but it's half a beat behind for tracking action (misses a lot of shots). The 135 is sort of a 'massive pig' to AF. My F100 handles this lens fine for basketball. In fairness to the D100, I learned later (borrowed camera) that only the center AF point is any good. I was using one of the end points. This same point on an F100 is quite good, as is the torque of the AF motor.

If you're looking for a fast AF'ing tele for low light, I have better luck with the 85/1.8 AFD.