Wein safe-sync hotshoe mount

james_castagno

Does anyone have experience with this unit. I may have to start using

my Elan 7n for studio flash and I am wondering if this actually

works. I am only asking because I bought one of these adapters years

ago for another cameras hotshoe and it did not work with my camera.

Is this product compatable with all makes/models? Thanks in advance

for your time and input. JimC

The unit wobbles a little in my Canons' hotshoes. Its a forward/backward wobble, and when I turn the camera for verticals, the sync contact is sometimes lost, resulting in a mis-fire. I solved this by putting a small plastic wedge in between the Safe Sync and Canon hotshoe. Worked great after that.

Wein's Safe Sync works great of Nikon D70. The first installation was difficult, since the shoe was never used on new camera. I had to use a lot of force to slide the SafeSync into the shoe. The PC socket was also very difficult to insers the cable, the very first time. Doing it many times seems loosen up a bit, but it is very tight and will never fall off. Your problem is perhaps not with the SafeSync but with the camera shoe?

I use one with my 10D and Britek strobes. It works well enough I suppose, my strobes put out over 6v and the Wein has kept my Canon hotshoe safe. I have noticed, however, that I burn out synch cords at an excessive rate. I'm on my 4th in a year. They are cheap enough and I'm told the cord is the weak link in the lights to hotshoe connection, but I've always wondered if the Wein was contributing to my "burnout" problem.

Used the wein on my elan 7e with speedotron 2403cx; works fine. I found that the ssr from wein, a wireless transmitter, would not work unless I stacked it on top of the safesync hotshoe mount. The ssr wireless transmitter looks stupid stacked but it works to trigger the speedo without a sync cord.

Yes, I have been using one with my Digital Rebel for some time. In fact, I had it shipped with the DRebel. It works great. I had to file off a small piece of the base of the safe sync for it to fit perfectly in the hot shoe. It now fits snugly in the shoe with good electrical contacts. BTW, I just got the Pocket Wizard radio slaves and will be replacing the safe sync with them.