michele_rivera

i'm a long time reader first time posting... I wanted to know whcih

photo labs you use. Im getting ready to print up photos for my

first album. Ive looked into different photo labs and have seen all

ranges of prices. For example whats the difference in using

dotphoto.com vs millers photo lab for wedding album pictures? If

anyone can shed some light on this subject it would be greatly

appreciated, thanks.

For all my wedding needs (I shoot digital) of 4X5, 4X6, 5X7 and 8X10, i use adorama www.adorama.com. They allow profiling matching and the quality of paper is excellent and the prices are great! Why shouldn't they be though if you do all the work before sending?

For custome sizes or enlargments, i use pictopia. www.pictopia.com

Kindest Regards, Jammey Church

Michele,

It's well worth the cost to use a lab. Printing at home is fine for Personal useage but for a paying customer, it's just not a wise choise. Inkjets surface prints, which leaves the ink absorbing into the fibers. One touch from a damp hand smears almost every time. I printed at home for persoal use for a while and was constantly disappointed with the quality v/s what labs can do on real photo prints. Do a test for yourself to decide, print your very best on injet then send that same file (profiled) to a lab and compare side by side at 8X10 size. I think you will instantly be convinced. Kindest Regards, Jammey Church

Do not use any lab until you at least check out mpix.com. I have used Adorama, printroom and MPIX, but strictly MPIX for wedding enlargements. Out of the three, they are the only ones who print on Endura professional with Lustre and for less that the Royal paper at Adorama. (At least at last check). I still love Adorama, the service is good, but the difference in printers is amazing. For example, the pic on my home page was printed at both labs and came out a little too bright from Adorama, but perfectly matched exposure on beautiful paper from MPIX. I know I sound like a pitch man, but I am so completely pleased with MPIX, that I cannot help but gush.

MPIX is great (Kodak Endura), www.whcc.com (Fuji Prof. paper) and Apollo Photo Imagizing (Kodak Endura) although they ship via UPS ground and I've had several 16x20's damaged. Not their fault, but added delay. All three companies are very compatible in price, service and quality of work.