Street Photography in London

shiva_kumar

Shiva, I'm ignorant about Indian food but I've been to a place on Portobello Road that

others say is good (dodging any sort of responsiblity for your experience). Also, the decor

is definately not upscale. But if you go to Portobello to do photography its here:

Nightime Tandoori

Telephone: ?0207 792 8766

207-209 Portobello Road, London

• 2 weeks later...

The lab I use and have done for many years is Metro in soho I think you can get details on www.metroimaging.co.uk. Their prices are alright and the quality and service are excellent. I've also used Bayeux in Newman street many times - cheaper and great for B+W.

You'll generally be fine taking photographs anywhere on the tube aslong as you don't look like a pro, shooting for profit, or use a tripod. You may be asked to move on but no film will be taken or police called. You are supposed to have a permit to shoot images anywhere on the london underground but these are site specific and expensive. They are for commercial purposes. Having dealt with this before they are generally happy for a traveller to take a few snaps.

Other nice place to see in London are some of the parks. Try Speakers Corner in Hyde park or the Peace Pagoda in Battersea Park. You may also enjoy a walk along the South Bank of the Thames. Start from Westminster and follow the river along to Blackfriars, there's plenty to see. You should also take in the Tate Modern and the surrounding area - St Pauls cathedral is just over the bridge from there. Covent Garden (not actually a garden but an old market place) is also a very good spot to visit on a sunny afternoon.

All the best and enjoy your visit

Gavin

www.urban-landscapes.co.uk