olympus 5060 + SL-2 Flash Trigger w/ Sigma EF-430 flash

I got a Sigma EF-430 flash while back for my Sigma camera and got a

Olympus 5060 few months ago. There are not many flash made for

Olympus 5060. Can I use the Vivitar SL-2 Remote Flash Trigger for

this setup. Or use the SL-2 Remote Flash Trigger for any other flash

with the Olympus 5060. Thanks

I won't claim assurance,since Im not familiar w/the Sigma flash, but if it has PC connectivity/or adaptability via a simple center contact adapter and wire, you can seat the SL-2 where you desire,set the camera flash to slave mode I do believe via menu(no pre flash) and fire any external flash.(Some slaves might even adapt better than that one. Check the line of Wein slave units.)Also: Olympus has its barebones little FL 20,not superb from my experience,but its usable in TTL. I am reasonably confident you can do it, Vince. Also read up on the Metz 34 series units.

Does the Oly 5060 fire a preflash for metering? Many/most digital camera's do. If so, the preflash would trip the SL-2 too early.

Also, my Sigma EF-500 Super (in EOS mount) does not work with external slave devices, so you should probably check to see if the SL-2 will trigger the Sigma flash at all.

There are often work-arounds, but digital cameras often throw up several road blocks to using external flash units. The bottom line is, you will probably have to test it for yourself to be sure.

FYI, my C5050,the predecessor model to yours does not present a problem to a slave trigger unless you specifically set a pre flash/ red eye reduction mode on the menu. Metering is passive on this model I am 99%sure,no ping beforehand. Use of off- camera and slave flashes is well covered in my CD-ROM manual.Yours? Have you explored CD that came with camera I am thinking. Printed manuals are skimpy. Olympus has made it possible to use a lot of flashes,I have used Vivitar 2500 and Metz 34CS-2, both slaved and cabled with a simple hot shoe to PC adapter,with camera flash and without. A mode on the cameras in both cases is there.Camera onboard mini flash does the triggering,and even that has levels of light adjustment,no kidding. Oly has filled these digicams w full tank of options.Try it and you will see as the gent said. And there is a supplement book you can buy at www. shortcourses.com for modest sum. Check that site out. Best of of success w your very fine instrument.