connection and the body-bracket connection. Is that correct? <br><br>

Adorama Prices for what I think I want:<br><br>

$87 for Press-T or $89 for Pro-T <br>

$12 anti-twist for SC-17 to bracket connection <br>

$56 QRS - Quick release for camer or bracket to tripod <br>

$?? anti-twist plate for N65 (not on Adorama as far as I can see) <br>

$25 QRF - Quick release for flash <br>

Total cost: about $200 <br><br>

Does the anti-twist plate for the N65 exist? If so, how much moolah?

<br><br>

I will use it for fairly close portraits in both landscape and

portrait orientations and the ability to quickly get the camera and/or

flash off the bracket is attractive to me. The anti-twist is a must. I

have checked out the other similar quality tripods and I continue to

come back to these two models. I lean towards the Press-T because I

believe its height will be sufficient for close shots.<br><br>

Future plans are an upgrade to an N80 body, a more powerful Nikon

flash, and a Bogen 3021 series tripod with a good ball head. <br><br>

Am I going down a reasonable path here? <br><br>

Thanks for any help<br>

I don't know why you would need a QRF. I use a strobo Pro-T on an N90s/MB-10 or F100/MB-15. I use an SB-26 or 28DX.

I also use the QR on the body; adds to the price, but I think it's a valuable accessory.

The height of the bracket can be a liability in close with a wide angle lens; you end up with boresighting problems. You need to 'over wide' the flash or tilt the head down slightly.

I feel this bracket works best with 'large grip' cameras like the ones I am using (w/ the accessory battery grip). Does your 65 have an accessory grip? Also, the bracket causes some leverage / strain on the bottom of the camera. I notice that my F100/MB-15 'gaps' a little between the two elements when I use this bracket vertically. I'm not familiar with the 65, but I believe it is pretty lightly constructed. This bracket may put too much stress on it.

I have the Pro-T, which I use with an F5, SB-28 and SC-17. I also have the anti-twist plates for both the body and SC-17.

Technically speaking, you do NOT need any anti-twist plates or QR accessories to mount your rig on a Pro-T or Press-T. The plates and QR plates are for convenience only... Now, having said that, the anti-twist plates for both the SC-17 and body ARE incredibly convenient.

Also, while I do not own a QRS, I can see how that would be incredibly useful as well, since it is a PITA to mount the body on the bracket. I may yet buy a QRS in the future.

I do NOT see an anti-twist plate specifically designed for the N65, though I would think that one of the others would work with it. You might want to check with your Stroboframe dealer.

Todd, the only reason the QRF might be nice is when I'd want to change the angle or position of the flash light. This doesn't happen often but when it does, it might be convenient. I don't have the accesory battery grip, but I was looking for an excuse to get one. I'd rather the bracket put strain on something other than the body for sure.

Frank, I tried the Stratos 835 and returned it after a few weeks of use. I didn't like the feel and the mount did not work properly (the part that screws into the tripod mount on the camera stayed there). It also has some slight twist problems.

I have no idea how to contact Stroboframe for info about the N65 anti-twist mount. If you know a web site or phone number, let me know.

Thanks again for the info and suggestions.

Sorry, Jim - not really sure about a contact number for Stroboframe... I believe they're distributed by Tiffen, which is/was in Chapter 11 proceedings(?).

For the body anti-twist plate, only thing I can suggest is to try the plate with your camera body/grip in person at a store to make sure it's a snug fit.

Good luck!!!

KL