Mini-Review: Voigtlander Color Skopar 35/2.5 Pancake II

<p>Alan, OK, I admit it, I don't live in Gotanda. But I do change trains there well over ten times in the average week, so I often wander around.</p><p>If you really want to do a comparative test of this new lens of yours and the Canon 35/2, I may be able to help you. Thirty minutes from now I'll be passing through Gotanda with my own example of the Canon on the camera in my bag (or even in my hand). Can't help you today or tomorrow, though: I'm hellishly busy.</p>

Alan, Yes, you're right: Color rendition does to a degree depend on the film used. Of course, color can be "corrected" or changed by the printer, except for the original slide if slide film is used. I find that Kodachrome 64 and Fuji Astia seem to be fairly neutral. By that I mean accurate: Orange is orange, cobalt is cobalt, etc. Just wondered if you had tried any? Still, though, your B&Ws are good. Seems a very good lens for the money, like my Hexar AF lens.

Thanks for the overview Alan. I know a few folks (in other countries) who have the lens, but nobody has posted an image taken with it. Your test shots are really great and show what this lens can do. The vignetting is not a concern for me...I never buy a slow, wide angle lens so I can shoot it wide open. If I want to use available dark, I use a 35/1.2, and if I want a lot of OOF areas, I shoot a fast lens (50 or longer) wide open.

Thanks again. The Bessa-T with the new pancake looks very appetizing.

Jeffery

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...