Auto extension tubes

rick_jones5

Nature photog John Shaw wrote glowingly about the PN-11 52.5mm Nikon extension tube: "...Nikon makes a special extension tube that I highly recommend for Nikon owners, the 52.5mm long PN-11 tube. If you need this much extension, the feature that distinguishes this tube is that it has a rotating tripod collar that can be used to mount the entire camera assembly on the tripod. To shoot vertically, you simply loosen the collar and rotate the camera; you don't have to flip the tripod head to the side. By rotating the tube, the weight of the camera and the lens remains above the tripod axis, and there is less vibration than when the bulk of the equipment is cantilevered out to the side. Why other manufacturers don't offer such an extension tube is beyond me." _John Shaw's Closeups in Nature_, 1987, p. 60.

I read about the PN-11 tube in John Shaw's Closeups in Nature. Does anyone know any other extension tubes which can be used with an N80 which has a tripod collar? Anyone knows whether Kenko AF tubes have this? I heard Kenko is the only one which has AF coupling.

<em>"Yes. The PK-1, 2 and 3 and the PN-1. These are fully auto pre-AI tubes." --David H. Hartman.</em><br>

<br>

The post above does not get indexed properly due to the abbreviations used. This post should help future searches for information on the PK-2 and PK-3 pre-AI auto extension tubes. I�m Sorry, I didn�t realize this until trying to find my own post with a Google.com search.<br>

<br>

Yes. The PK-1, PK-2 and PK-3 and the PN-1. These are fully auto pre-AI tubes.