Nikon N2000 - No juice! Help!

smlg

Hi all,

I was just given an N2000 from an in-law in another country. With no film in it,

it fired and advanced fine with the existing batteries (which I think were old).

I loaded a roll of film in it and it only partially loaded it. I thought the

batteries might have not had the juice to wind the film, so I put a new set in.

Pushed the shutter release...

And nothing.

No error beeps, no film advance, no evidence of power getting from batteries to

camera at all. Switched to another new set of batteries, still no dice. The

batteries are in correctly.

Any thoughts?

I've used th N-2000 for years , Make sure your contacts in the battery compartment are exceptionally clean an be sure your batteries are properly installed. Also some times if you overtighten the battery compartment cover screw it will make the batteries lose contact, Hope this helps.

Hi- If you remove the film, does the camera have power? With the film in the camera, does the led's in the viewfinder light up

I seem to recall a issue with the ASA setting. Is the ASA set to DX? Try changing to a specific film speed. If it is a ASA setting issue, there should be a red led blinking near the dial. But, this led might not be working.

with the battery cover off, and the batteries installed, you can check to see if power is getting to the camera using a multimeter. Check the voltage at the springs where the batteries connect to the camera.

good luck

The contacts look clean, but I cleaned them anyway (and power was getting to the camera with the old batteries in). Film in or out doesn't seem to make a difference (again, with the old batteries it would fire without film in it and the LEDs worked). I don't have a multimeter to test it.