Wide angle for Rolleiflex

bokeh man1

I second the suggestion of getting a different camera, either with interchangeable lenses or a non-interchangeable wide angle affixed. A Mutar is not unlike teleconverters--or any other secondary, afterthought optic--in that they transform an otherwise excellent lens into something less.

• 5 years later...
<p>I must disagree with the comments made here on the Mutar. If you can't afford a tele or wide-Rolleiflex and don't want to buy another camera (the C330 w/55 is a good option), I think a Mutar is a good option. I have the .7 wide Mutar and stopped down it gives very, very good results between f4-11. I have blown up images to 11x14 and they are very good with only some slight vignetting. Only on really big enlargements (16x20) will you note any image loss. On a 75mm lens, it becomes a 113mm with the 1.5 Mutar (hardly worth the effort) and with the .7 Mutar it is 55mm. There is a very good website where the owner of a GX tests the Mutar and finds it does a really good job for what it is. Do NOT compare the Mutars to the crap aux. lenses that were made for Bay I TLRs in the 60s and 70s. Remember, this is a Zeiss optic, custom designed & made to go on a Rolleiflex with some 5-6 elements. Zeiss does not make junk and would not have sullied their fine name with anything that would severely degrade quality. Do some research on the web before you rule it out by folks who have never used one.</p>