Leica 100mm f/4.0 Macro-Elmar-R

I saw a Leica 100mm f/4.0 Macro-Elmar-R WITHOUT FOCUSING HELICAL in

a 2nd hand shop. Can anyone tell me more about this lens? And please

compare this lens with 90/2 summicron and 90/2.8 elmarit (tpye 1).

Thank you.

ken NO focus mount was ever sold as were focus mounts for the viso lenses. The one I used was a complete lens as the 100 mm APO is. Close up shots were better than than the 90 f2 or the 90 f2.8 original but the distance pictures were soft until f 8.0. You must use with the bellows R and best with double cable release.

Sorry, may I ask once again what is the distance from the lens mount to the body's mount when it is focused at infinity? I may use this lens mainly for close-up, and I may adpat it with a "Leica Lens to Canon FD body adpater" to a "Canon VARI-EXTENSION TUBE 30mm-50mm". So, is this lens Leica R mount too?

Sorry, may I ask once again what is the distance from the lens mount to the body's mount when it is focused at infinity? I may use this lens mainly for close-up, and I may adpat it with a "Leica Lens to Canon FD body adpater" and a "Canon VARI-EXTENSION TUBE 30mm-50mm" to my T90. So, is this lens Leica R mount too?

Best guess is 75mm for now. I have a catalog from when they were current. When I get home I`ll look up the difference in overall lengths between the bellows version and regular one. Erwin used to have basic demensions of all the old lenses on his site, but I can`t find it quickly. Check back in four to six hours.