"Copyright Protection" marked on Memory Card

theoldman

Went to buy a memory card for a Panasonic VHS Analog Movie/Digital

Photo camcorder. The Panasonic card says; "With Copyright Protection

Feature", where the others make no mention of those words or anything

close. Could someone tell me exactly what that term means, and how

it is utilized? Thanks.

Look again. It said copy protection. A simple slide on/ paste on device on the memory card that prevents a recorded card from being overwritten unintentionally. (K.G., you have unintentionally made a cute funny,chuckle.) Copy protection is like the little metal protection slides on computer diskettes.Remember? Or the break off tabs on those old things we used to call compact cassettes. Be well, eat prunes daily.

<p>Hello Chris, <br>and thanks for the explanation and the SD Development Site link. It was most interesting, and right on target for the subject and question. I had wondered if perhaps it was some kind of technology that would allow your own mark to be embedded into the photograph. Now that would be worth paying for at the shutter level, instead of having to do it later with expensive software.</p>

<p>Sounds like we're paying part of our purchase price because of music piracy concerns.</p>

<p>My only use for the card is the temporary storage of photos i take, to superimpose on the VHS movies i convert to Digital from Analog format. Guess we all pay for thievery of some kind, every time we purchase something, no matter what it is.</p>

<p>Appreciate the response from Hawaii (please excuse, can't remember the name right now) and i must admit that on a couple of occasions i did try to copy to a disk that had the overwrite-protection tab enabled. Even tried that once briefly with a smaller memory chip from another digital camera. But this was not overwrite protection, it was "copyright protection". Like in © or as in © or as in "registered with the U.S. Copyright Office, please don't steal my stuff".</p>

<p>Thanks again Chris, that was a good link.</p>