Best 19" flat screen for photo work?

seen plenty of threads on this in the forums...looks like lacie electron blue IV is a top choice...some contend that the mitshubishi/nec is basically the same monitor for about $50 cheaper...

i've also read many people prefer to buy locally, to avoid any possible damage to the monitor during shipping. plus a $75 and up shipping bill is avoided.

personally, i'd go with the lacie. and of course a monitor calibration system of some sort...but that adds another $150-300 onto the price of the monitor.

as i said, lots of threads on this

This is answer to Gabor's question. I just bought a ViewSonic P95F-B2 19" pro series from Gateway for $254.95 with free shipping. I did a lot of research and standing in front of store displays and for the money it was the best CRT as far as I could see the LaCie 19" was really nice but not any better from a spec point of view and the only thing it had the ViewSonic didn't was the hood. Which I sloved with a little matte board for about $3.00. I couldn't be happier. The money I saved will go towards a good color calibration system.

• 3 weeks later...