Anybody lusting after a Medium Format tilt shift adapter?

simon_park2

<P>Since it requires the use of view camera lenses, why not simply buy a medium-format view camera instead? There are plenty around to choose from on the secondhand market -- I own <I>two</I> of them! -- and depending upon which one you choose, it may possible to use your existing backs as well.</P>

It doesn't require the use of LF lenses but normal enlarger lenses that cover a wide enough area - though this is ONLY if you have a focal plane shutter camera. I have Zoerk's Multi-focus system and it's great. For Pentax 67 it requires a 135mm lens and for 645 a 105mm. You have the adapter to fit the body, the tilting joint and a focusing helicoid. All of this is detachable so you can put away the tilting joint and use the system as an actual lens with normal focusing (stop-down metering & shooting is required anyway) but no tilts. The tilts go quite far (I think to around 45 degrees) but are only usable at 20 degrees maximum w/o vignetting and blackout. It's a great thing to own if you have the use for it and when I visit him in Munich Herr Zoerkendoerfer always proudly shows me some new photographs he got from photographers around the world that were made with his multi-focus system. The price for mine was DM 1.500,- which is roughly US$ 650,- INCLUDING the Rodenstock Rodagon 135mm/5.6. The thing is better with APO Rodagon 105/4 but costs $430,- more (Prices based on 2000 figures, but I don't think he has changed them).

Good news for all focal plane MF'ers who are also 35mm users - all they need to buy is just a cheap adapter to put on their Nikons or whatever they own and they can use the Multi-focus system there, too - and cheaply.

I am not connected in any way with Zoerk, the man just fascinates me with his determination that everything is a matter of improvisation and that even the toughest problem can be solved if the physics allow it. Well just earlier this year he made me a custom Hasselblad-lens-to-Pentax-645-body adapter...for $150,- ! Isn't he great?