Wanted: the youngest LEICA-photographer here

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are a lot of confessing LEICA-bugs for one day, great for statistics.

Will come back here and count after, lets say +/- 3 days (= around Sunday). But we can be sure just now, we could handle some more George B.s without any problem to get into the reach of the LHSA-average ...

Best regards

23. Have only owned a Leica (M2) for 4 months, it took me a long time to find one for a decent price, which was from a pawn shop. And even then I hymned and hawed for a few months before buying it. Up until then my $30 Voigtlander Vitomatic 1 worked just fine, and had a built in meter!

38. Owned Nikons since high school, mostly shooting with an FM-2 and a 28mm. Sold several old Nikons to acquire an 0-Series in 2001, so I don't know if you count me or not. Still got some Nikon stuff for times when I want to look through an actual viewfinder and focus and stuff.

Bart, I was just yanking your chain, glad you're not one of the humorless PMSing "artistes" that skulk around here. I'm happy there are a few people with more than a decade of ambulatory health ahead of them that are buying and using Leicas.

I'm a 36 year old cheapskate engineer - I've got the Summicron-C, and have been fooling around with RF's for a little over a year and watching for a good deal on a used Leica body. But having just picked up a Mamiya M6 w/lens for $800, I kind of doubt that any Leica body is going to be considered "a good deal" to me anymore.

no leica gear to speak of, bang to buck i've found my bessa r2 and 50 nokton to be pretty capable. and even that i traded a d100 to stephen gandy to acquire. i have 2 enlargers, one gifted, one inherited; one film scanner, traded for design services; one g5, provided by work; and an epson 2200, which i purchased with money from a wedding gig.

i would like a user m2-m6 classic, but i am having a hard time justifying the expense.

and i turn 30 tomorrow.

I had a chance to buy a new 50 Year M4 for $1000 and a used 1967 rebuilt Alfa Spider for $2000 from an employee of the family restaurant who was relocating to HK in 1977 (I was 17), but bought a new Datsun 280Z instead (the only new car I've ever bought).

I bought a 50 'lux and M3 the year I got a "real" job in 1983. My Nikon gear got stolen out of storage, among other things (Black Paint M4, CL, Snap On tools) while I was working in Malaysia in 1993.

<<Andrew Nemeth , jul 06, 2004; 03:38 p.m.

40.>>

I am shocked. I expected someone so pedantic to be much older.

<<Kevin Mendenhall , jul 06, 2004; 06:35 p.m.

44>>

Ok, now I'm truly flabbergasted. I thought you were named for the glacier where they found you and thawed you out.

C'mon, Grant! Since the caption cites a film, a camera and a

lens that don't exist, and the strap says "EOS" in bold letters, I

thought the joke would be obvious. I thought you New Yorkers

were quicker on your feet than that.

It's a Holga scooter, BTW. All plastic.