Hasselblad 503CW - jammed lense, magazine and winder crank

chung_yeung

There is a pin that works with the shutter button that keeps you from depressing the button if the dark slide is in. I can't think of anything else that would prevent you from inserting the dark slide except this pin. That would indicate that the shutter release button is stuck in the in position. Have you wiggled the little time exposure lever that is around the shutter button. (All of this is based on my 500CM which I am assumeing is the same.)

I wouldn't have thought that would have blocked the removal of the magazine though, I will try to remember to check when I get home.

503CW is the toughest among the Hassy 500 series, and you jam it, what a good job.

The dark slide can not slide back because the small index tab extruding from the camera body to trigger the film counter in the magazine is stuck in the middle. The dark slide can not slide back until the index tab retrieve to its original location inside the camera body. Without slide the dark slide back in, you can not remove the film magazine.

The winder crank can not move because the body already trigger the shutter in the lens but body-lens transferring shaft did not finish the whole rotation. So you can not rewind at all.

The lens should be able to be removed. Maybe push the lens relieve button deeper to see if there will be any difference. But do not force to remove the lens since, in most cases, the lens should be able to be removed smoothly.

I guess the situation is like this: When the shutter release is pushed, (1) the junction of the transfer shaft between the camera body and lens is "slipped"(2) the shutter mechanism inside the lens is "stuck", then the lens-camera-film back linkage fall into a lead-lag situation and the whole system ceased.

To resolve this, first need to remove the lens from the "outside-in" direction. A qualify mechanic should be able to do this job. Don't do it yourself, or you'll be so regret.

Maybe you have solved your problem before reading this message. If so, congratulations.

chung,

if you haven't fixed the problem yet. this is what i do when this happens to my

503cw. hasselblads are known to lock up so this is not unusual. since you are

unable to remove the lens and back, what you need to do is open and remove the

insert (of course do this in the dark if you have film loaded). than reinsert the insert

and re-rewind the winder if needed. this will reset the camera.

I have successfully removed the magazine by using the method shown in http://photoweb.net/pw_tech/hassy_unjam.html

Then I find the lever control the mirror is off the hook and then I just hook it back in. It is so strange that I didn't drop the camera.

not everything can come off but when I put everything back together the shutter jammed I need to remove the lens to release the shutter.

How to solve this problem?