Alterations

At most one can give you guidelines and concepts, since I don't know how fast you work. Generally, it makes sense to do a quick edit to ditch the clunkers, then for the remianing set of proofs just fix gross errors. Save the "perfection" for pictures that are going into albums or are going to be enlarged. Special effects are up to you.

Put as much work into it as you want to keep your reputation. A friend of mine takes

about 30-40 seconds per shot to do simple darkness/lightness adjustment. I would

certainly 10x the time to make certain "artistic" shots improved and professional. I would

not image soften all the images.

You should put in as much time as you need to have the image be the best you can do as Timber put it. However most photographers are overly critical and see more flaws then the subject. Time must be used wisely, I tried this with your picture I like it hope you do as well.<div>008DFP-17936284.jpg.a620f9c9b6555ecfeec33a10407f7558.jpg</div>

Michael, thanks for the redo.

What did you do for that skin, and how long does it take you? Also do you apply this to a full set of shots from an event with ladies (if you don't mind sharing)?

What you did was really clean and I know she will love that (incidentally, so do I). Thanks again for all the responses.

Michael

On a response to another question someware else on this forum someone made referance to a program called neatimage. You can download a free home version at www.neatimage.com I plan on buying the pro version wich allows for queing multiple images to process. This image that you like took all of 30 seconds to do. Pretty neat eh!

I just finnished a shoot for mothersday and this program was well recieved as it realy reduced the detail of the moms faces. ( My wife loves it as well)Enjoy.

I forgot to add that this program is originaly intended for noise reduction. Just select a skin area in the profile screen and sample it than aply that to the image you can increase or decrease the setting as well. Play with all the features and you will see what you can get away with. The pro version ships with a photoshop plugin as well. I hope I wont get in everyones bad books for flogging some software oh well !!!