Kenko Lens for Olympus 5050

Stick with the Tiffen 2x or the Expensive Olympus TCON-17 When venturing out into the the manufactuing field of lenses companies lke Kenko which don't cater to digital cameras lens quality decreases. Abest buy would be the Tiffen 2x Telephoto.Good glass quality and nice tele. FOr great glass stick with the Olympus brands.

I bought a Kenko 3x for my C-5050, and I had to send it back. When I tried to use it, it produced a dark circular vignetting throught the entire zoom range. I just would not work as indicated! The store (47th Street Photo in Brooklyn, NY) said they had been tested and should work fine, but it didn't.

I bought one of the Digital Optics 2x units and it is very good, in my opinion. The only problem with it is that the actual magnification is about 1.7x.

Thanks, good people, for your advice. I had an Olympus 1.45 tele which I had used on a 3030. But lost the tele. I had good results with it, but don't particularly want to lay out $ for another one with no more magnification than 1.45. I was afraid your answers were going to be negative--that was just too much lens for the money.

Thanks again

Thanks, good people, for your advice. I had an Olympus 1.45 tele which I had used on a 3030. But lost the tele. I had good results with it, but don't particularly want to lay out $ for another one with no more magnification than 1.45. I was afraid your answers were going to be negative--that was just too much lens for the money.

Thanks again