B+W, 8x10 and 11x14 available films

ric_yama3

Hi all, I am looking for black and white, 8x10 and 11x14 available sheet films today.

(ASA 100 to 400), except for T-Max which I hate. I've been shooting 8x10 Plus-x for

many years, but as everybody knows, Kodak discontinued the film. I have tried

Kodak's NEW Tri-x recently, but couldn't get satisfied result. I got somehow very T-

Max looking result. Can anyone recommend any large format film works like old tri-x

and plus-x in 8x10 and 11x14 format? I don't really care the film brand, but would

like to know the place(store) to get those films. I am located in NYC. Thanks in

advance. R

I've been using various Ilford B&W , and then some in 8x10 though I had to order a batch everytime. In the State you can goto online store like Freestyle or JandC ( use your search engine ) for the more Traditional Emulsions or get the more up to date ones from either B&H or Adorama.

IMHO the Ilford HP-5 & FP-4 are just about bullet proof for almost all situation and then they both push quite well ( also give that extra grain aka Tri-X style ). I have not try the new (?) tri-X since Kodak change packaging !!