Batch Printing Software

Hi all,

I print sometimes 600 images a day from orders.. mainly 4x6's.

Everything I have is digital, but my problem lies where I need to que

up the files. I have been opening them in photoshop and hitting

print.. and repeating this process because I need the images to print

in the order they are recieved. This is so I can take a stack of

images and just pull the quantity for the first order right off the

top and so on.

My question being, Is there any software that I can use to batch

print.. Can I just type the numbers in and click print and it print

them in the order which I typed them in?

If you need clarification, feel free to ask.. I'm not the best at

explaining things!

thanks,

adam

I'd look into a RIP like ImagePrint if you have printer it will drive. Not only can you queue

up stuff, you can build packages and so forth and keep the files in it's separate application

called Spool Face, and just click a button to load it and print away. Check out

colorbytesoftware.com

Hi Adam,

Check out my favorite Qimage. Between the print manager, the incredible resample engine (the BEST!), and Mike's special VooDoo called the color sharpness equalizer your can't go wrong!

HTH

I tried Qimage.. just confused me.

To clarify what I do; We do photography for sororities at colleges.. So, our order form looks something like this:

Event Name | Picture Number | Size

Formal S04 | 087 | 4x6

Date Party | 206 | 5x7

etc... BUT most orders are from a single event, i'm looking for something where i can just type eg. 087,206,099, etc.. then click a button and it print them in that order... but i'd be typing in maybe 200 or 300 numbers. Make sense?

Windows.. or Linux.. I've used linux for about 7 years, although not consistently.. if I wasn't lazy or I could get these SONY printers to work with it.. I'd just make an addon for GIMP.

thanks,

Adam

Have you tried ACD's FotoSlate or something similar? It allows you to arrange pictures into books, so if you make every picture equal to one page in a "book" and then print the "book" on photo paper, it could work. You might have to play around with the app a bit to see whether you can "convince" it to do what you want it to do

Another way: Download Irfanview (it's free). It has a command line option (check for command line parameters in the help index) for printing, so it can be called from a batch file. Hire one of your sorority guys to write a batch program to print all files in a directory, one at a time. Rather easy to do. If you want it more fancy, they should use WinBatch.

If you really want it that simple that you onnly have a form, where you manually enter the data from your order, and then have eveything else automated, spend the money to have someone program this for you. In Winbatch, you can design the form and then print the corresponding pictures. It's not more than a day's worth of work.

I'm using Nikon View, software bundle with Nikon camera. Nikon View will open picture files as thumbnail. You just need select (by the order you want to print) and hit print. You don't need to open every single file for print.