White stripe one side of my picture

edng

I recently bought an old russian Iskra 6x6 folding bellow camera with

leaf shutter and most pics came out well......until I noticed one or

2 coming out with a white stripe down the right side of the picture.

F9 @ 1/250

Ilford XP2

sunny day

My first reaction was a light leak either in the bellow or the

detachable back cover or somewhere else. But if its a leak,

should'nt the whole pic be fogged or over exposed?

Help!!!!

Well I'm not familiar with your camera, but a fogged stripe that recurs sounds like a failed light seal where the camera's back hinges or closes. Try putting black tape over these two spots and repeating your shooting conditions in bright light. If the fogging goes away you've found the problem.

paul is rite, and his fix is rite on. the only thing i will add is that what i do to find the source of a leak is to tape all potential trouble spots, then shoot a frame, remove one piece of tape, shoot a frame, remove another piece of tape, etc -- all the while keeping track on a note pad of which frame correspons to which stage of the striptease. when you develop the film, you should be able to get a fi on your problem by seeing which piece of tape was covering the leak.

Look carefully at your negatives. I had the same problem with My Pentax 6x7, but it was the left edge on the inside. I found this problem with labs that use Fuji Frontier printers and scanners. If however you can see it on an outside edge of your negatives (or slides) suspect the light seals as others have mentioned.

Lloyd Rabanus

LJR Photography