to buy the Pro1 but I am having a difficult time finding user's

opinions. I read the dpreview.com and I feel the Pro1 will adequately

address my needs for most of my photography. Has anyone here used the

Pro1 and do you have any comments or opinions to share? Also, what

exactly is the (Super)macro on the Pro1, is it like a 1:1, or 2:1

etc...?

Thanks,

--ZAch

Its still fairly new so I've yet to really play with it, but from what i have played with i notice a few things. 1) I don't really like the feel of the zoom. I know we did have one camera go back to canon as a defect due to a focusing problem (not really an issue). Anyway, I took some shots of a nice caddy CTS outside in with the cloudiness and they were nice, though at 4x6 size the difference between the super high res and high res were none exsistent.

sorry i couldnt' be more help

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Zach:

I purchased the Pro1 in March when it first came out to replace my Canon G1 and G3. It is everything I wanted. Ergonomically it is much improved over G models--feels really great. It is small--I somehow thought it would be bigger but it just blends into my hand (with the lens it is longer than the G's. I am still getting used to 8.0 vs 3 or 5 MP. The resolution of 8 is nothing less than astounding. I use Marco all the time, but only to record journal page notes between shootings. I haven't actually used the super macro. Regular macro works fine. I like the manual zooming. Feels like a "real" camera again--I was never a fan of the electro zooms. If you had a G you know the value of the adjustable LCD (which is bigger and brighter than G models). I can't live without it. I also like the Pro 1's two user modes--you can select two separate modes and make all the settings for the modes. I have a color and BW that I use almost exclusively--every feature set for just what I need. The entire system seems more friendly than the G, though I love both the G1 and G3 and use them as my digital backups. All the batteries, cards, remotes, etc are interchangeable.

Hope this helps.

The operating manual is online free at Canon.

Jim