coconutjoe66

Need some help here...

I am a not so rich TLR camera collector and I acquired many TLR over

last few years. At the beginning, I did not know too much about

these things, but I've gained some knowledge about these wonderful

cameras. My question is that IS THERE A RELATIVELY MODERATE OR

INEXPENSIVE PLACE IN LOS ANGELES AREA WHERE THESE CAMERAS CAN BE

REPAIRED OR CLA?? I mostly have Rolleiflex TLRs, but I do have some

Yashica, Autocord, Ricohflex, and Ikoflex.

Also, are $120 and $130 a fair price to pay for CLA on Rolleiflex MX-

EVS and Automat Type-3, respectively?? That what I paid most

recently. He did a wonderful job, but I think it is bit expensive.

I still need to service few more Rolleiflex 2.8F's.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Joe

I can sympathize with your problem Joseph; I have over many user/working TLR's in my collection as well, and the cost of getting every one of them CLA'd (at once) would be staggering. Since I only use six or seven of them on a regular basis, I haven't seen the need to have *all* of them serviced, nor do all of them need it. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm just a bit bothered at the use of the term "a bit expensive" I love my TLR's, and use them professionally on a regular basis. My users long ago paid for themselves (and probably a good bit of the stock as well) and I must give credit to my serviceman! Without him, I'd be in deep doo-doo. The thought of him doing the work any cheaper is pretty hard to take, as its probably under-priced as it is. I need my serviceman, I depend on my serviceman, and I want him to make a good living. I figure it this way; If a camera is a shelf-rat I'll never use, why CLA it? If its something I can use to make money with, the cost of the service will come from the profits. Both win.

On, by the way Joseph...if you really love your TLR's, avoid the low bidder! "You get what you pay for" is especially true in this business.

Thanks for all responses...I'll take all your advices and service only the cameras that I will use. Also, I'll thank my Rollei serviceman. He does a great job.

One more question, what is the going rate on CLA for less expensive models, such as, Automat, Ikoflex, Ricohflex, etc. ? Are they about the same as Rolleiflex?

Thanks,

Joe