zorki 4k as new

john_colley

<p>I have a Zorki 4k which really looks as new, i just ran a film through it and it works perfectly, I also have a jupiter 11 135mm lens that still has the oiled paper around it and the 5 lens multi rangefinder for the hotshoe. The lens and viewfinder are in the original bakelite cases. I just wondered how much this might be worth, I am not going to sell it because it was my fathers but I remember him buying this camera and hardly using it. I actually had a zorki 4 when I was a kid. I wonder how many are left in mint condition.</p>

<p>They're fun to use, but not particularly valuable, I'm afraid. You might be able to get a bit of a premium if you can show that they are "like new", but I'm not sure if anyone but the most die-hard FSU camera collector would care.</p>

<p>Just searching eBay's "completed listings", Zorki-4k cameras with a Jupiter 8 lenses in "mint" condition recently sold for US$45-60. The Jupiter 11 with case goes for US$40-55. The KMZ Turret Universal Viewfinder is the most valuable piece - it goes for about US$70-75 with case.</p>

<p>John, 524646 copies of Zorki 4K were made in addition to 1715677 of Zorki 4. That is one of the most mass produce camera in history, and I bet the most mass produced rangefinder of all time. How valuable they can get? Go figure... Around $50 I would say in fully working order and the curtains suppose to be OK and the labels on the exposure disk unworn. If you get everything else such as box, instruction booklet, warranty card, especially may be valuable with the proof that it was sold in England, original case etc, etc, etc that would be extra. Such camera may find a die hard collector somewhere in Russia. Also does it have J-8 standard lenses? May be around $100 if you lucky. If you find out a crazy Russian billionaire collector you can ask more.</p>

<p>Thanks for your responses guys,<br>

I am not going to sell it as it has sentimental value but was just wondering, it does have the j8 standard lens, and booklet. I will keep it in pristine condition and use it occasionally, it produces nice results still for such a budget camera. It can keep my Canon AE1 program company along with my Nikon F4s, I do have a 350d digital as well but seem to prefer analog stuff, I have 3 turntables still and a load of vinyl, which is still better than any cd player(subject for a diff forum than this one).</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>John</p>