Zorki 3M First Photos

Lens is a Jupiter 8 50mm f2. Film is Ilford HP-5+ shot at 400 metered using a Sekonic L

-398 incident meter and processed in Microphen 1:3 14 minutes @70F continous agitation

for one minute, 10 seconds each minute for the next six, then none for the final seven.

Negatives were scanned using an Epson Perfection 3170. The images were scanned for a

5" x 8" print size and minimally processed in Adobe Photoshop Elements using the 'save

for web' function. No changes in contrast or retouching.

The dog is Molly, a nine year old American Brittany. Despite serious joint problems she

loves to bash her way through heavy weeds a couiple times a week.<div>00DNK8-25395984.jpg.e06af867d2bb2211b7514aca73609da8.jpg</div>

Well, your rangefinder certainly is in good adjustment. Those images are nice and sharp. I have two Zorki 1s, a C and a D, and really enjoy using them. The 3m is a bit harder to come by than the others, but it is a great model to have. Nice images. Please post more as you get them.

- Randy

Thanks for the comments. These photos weren't adjusted at all other than for size. When

I diddle with images in photo shop or make wet prints I tend to go a little dark and

contrasty. I'll usually let the shadows drop out before I let the highlights blow out. Some

of the contrastiness in these two could be due to the unusual (for me) semi-stand

development I used this time.

Chuck,

Great pictures and good camera. The J8 is one of my favorites when street shoting with no looking through the finder. I meter with a L-398 too when I need it.

This one was in an old rail station converted in shop center.

Zorki 3 J8 f4 1-60 hand held 100TMax at 200 ASA<div>00DNog-25407984.jpg.bae86627e2dbfc091989898539cc20ce.jpg</div>

• 5 years later...