ZoomBrowser/Digital Photo Professional Edited Photos become OverSaturated

<p>Hi,<br>

<br />I am new to ZoomBrowser/Digital Photo Professional and having issues with over-saturated photos.</p>

<p><strong>1</strong>. http://tpsnadar.zenfolio.com/p1034490087#h1d2ccba2<br>

<br />The above is the original photo right before I exported the photo.</p>

<p><strong>2</strong>. http://tpsnadar.zenfolio.com/p1034490087#h81b0492<br>

The above is how the image looked in Windows Viewer after export.</p>

<p><strong>OS</strong>: Windows 7, SP1, 64 bit<br>

Software: ZoomBrowser EX 6.6, Digital Photo Professional 3.13</p>

<p>I haven't had these issues in Lightroom or Photoshop...so I'm thinking it's an issue with my settings in ZoomBrowser/Digital Photo Professional though I don't know what to do.<br>

<br />I have sRGB set as the color profile.</p>

<p>Any suggestions will be appreciated.<br>

Raj.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The Canon software starts from your original settings for you camera while Adobe starts out from a neutral setting. You are probably using one of the more consumer oriented cameras that comes with a higher saturation setting for their jpegs. Dial back the setting in the camera to a neutral setting and then you can control the saturation level in whatever software you are using for post processing. Good luck!</p>

Are we talking raw files which open up more saturated than you want them?

If so, either set color to neutral in the camera, or in DPP. The latter assumes by default that you want the same picture control in DPP as

you had set in the camera. The default will look a bit more saturated than when you open the raw file in third party software that does not

recognize in-camera picture controls.

Personally, I always like to use the camera manufacturer's raw software for just that reason. I can set what I want in the camera before I

take the pictures, and have it automatically be applied to the raw file. There is less dicking around to do on the computer afterwards. Most

of the time, I can make do with just a straight batch conversion to JPEG.

<p>Thanks for all the responses!<br>

<br />I ended up getting Lightroom and had the same issue. The photos were taken with a Canon PowerShot and I guess the settings in the camera caused the photos to become oversaturated. I reversed the settings in Lightroom until it came out close to what I wanted...took a few tries :)<br>

Thanks again<br>

Raj</p>