Zoom v. Prime

jcuknz

</p>

<i>"...While Mr. Heiner said he brought an 18-200 millimeter along when he was traveling, he acknowledged that it was optically inferior to other zooms that did not attempt to span such a wide range..." </i>

</p>

Thanks Captain Obvious, a truly shocking revelation

Why is it a shocking comment ... photography is a compromise period ... if one doesn't appreciate the value of a long lens prosumer for travel snaps and have a fixation with DSLRs then obviously one uses the 18-200 .. to stick with Canon he should have taken the S3 IS.

It also depends on just how much of a compromise the 18-200 is, I'm sure Canon don't sell bottle bottoms.

According to Wikipedia (not my favourite source, but it will do),

"The word comes from the late Latin word, sarcasmus, which, in turn, comes from the Greek....(sarkasmos) from....(sarkazo) - to tear flesh like dogs, - from sarx, sark-, flesh - the root word literally means "to cut a piece of flesh (from the targeted person)." Sarcasm is proverbially described as 'the lowest form of wit but the highest form of humor' (a quotation sometimes ascribed to Oscar Wilde, but untraceable)."