Zoom and prime

leila_griffiths

<p>In your previous post about hobby equipment ( <a href="../casual-conversations-forum/00aE7C">http://www.photo.net/casual-conversations-forum/00aE7C</a> ) and in this post you don't mention what you would like to shoot. This post is in the travel forum, so I assume you're looking for lenses for a trip. I would personally go for the two zooms in option #2 (16-35 and 70-200) but that's because those two lenses would give me what I want from fairly wide-angle to moderate telephoto. I really like the 24-105, and if you want to carry just one lens then that would be a good one. I guess you could buy a 1.4X or even a 2X extender for occasional, well-lit telephoto shots. But I think you would help the conversation by explaining a bit more about what you want to take photos of.</p>

<p>If you are into superwide angle then definitely the 16-35/2.8 L and then one of the many 70-200mm L lenses. You can judge whether you really need IS or not, and if you need f2.8 or f4. The other very highly rated telezoom to consider is the 70-300 IS L.</p>