zero 45 pinhole

anna_nielsen

Hi - imconsidering to buy a Zero 4x5 pinhole camera. My reason for for buying this would be a wider shooting angle

and a larger enlagement when printing. Now i can see that 10 sheets of film - say kodak portra 160 vc costs around

40$ on ebay - thats pretty expensive for 10 images if all are exposed good that is.! Does anyone know what

developing them cost and where to buy relative cheap film.thanks

You might consider three things: 1) Use B/W film and develop it yourself, which can be done without a darkroom. You can buy a 25-sheet box of film for about $25 dollars at B&H or Freestyle; or 2) Use Photo paper (the kind used in a dark room) as your "film." It has an ISO of about 5 and can't be enlarged unless scanned, but many pinohole photos don't look great enlarged too much anyway. 3) Build your own pinhole camera. You can build one out of an outmeal cannister for almost nothing, and it's fun; also it would save you more money that could be spent on film/developing. As for cost of developing, look at websites of camera stores in your area or call them. I don't suspect most of them will do it in house anymore, and it may be somewhat pricy. Best, JR