Zenzanon 80mm 2.8 PS lens question

simon_novak

<p>Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Bronica SQ-A with a Zenzanon 80mm PS lens. Aside from normal photography I suspect I'll be using it for taking lots of long exposures with it. I googled and googled and couldn't find an answer..</p>

<p>Can anyone tell me, do the PS versions of the Zenzanon(especially the 80mm) lenses have a T setting on them for bulb photography? The S versions don't have that option, right? Another thing, when you lock the mirror, the camera doesn't drain the battery even if I leave it exposing for a long time?</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>As I understand it (I have an SQ-A and all PS series lenses) both lenses have the T capability. The S lenses have a screw that has to be loosened to permit a slide to be moved, exposing a 'T' as opposed to an 'A'. In the PS series, instead of a screw there is a little plunger with a groove around the top that needs to be pulled outward to enable the slide. In both, the exposure is ended by operating the slide back to 'A' -- not all that handy. One might put a 'hat' over the lens prior to messing with the slide so any motion won't smear bright items in the photo. The Ai bodies can do 16 seconds and bulb (unless a shutter speed controlling finder is installed).</p>

<p>As far as I know, power is only drawn to time and close the shutter. The mirror is only moved mechanically.</p>

<p> </p>

<blockquote>

<p><a href="/photodb/user?user_id=2166925">Dave Thomas</a>, Aug 17, 2015; 08:20 p.m.<br>

...<br>

As far as I know, power is only drawn to time and close the shutter. The mirror is only moved mechanically.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>All Bronica Seiko leaf shutters require power to hold open the shutters, which close when the power is withdrawn. Thus the longer the exposure, the more battery they use. That is the reason they have a "T" setting for long exposures.</p>

"Manfred, there is a design problem with that camera...every time you drop it that pin breaks"