I bought a zenitar fisheye 16/2,8 M42 and the adapter ring for the minolta AF

system... i'm able to use that lens with my sony a100 but not with my minolta

dynax 505si...

what i don't understand is why everything seems to work if the 35mm film is not

inside the dynax camera body; once putted the film into the camera, the shot

button seems to be out of work...

anyone can help me?

thanks!

Have you tried puttin you camera into manual mode?

This was i would think you would not see the aperture setting in the viewfinder, you would have to use stop down metering, but you would still obviously get Through the lens metering as the camera would chose the appropriate shutter speed.

Have you done this process?

Hope i can give you some more help,

Richard

Okay, the film cameras all have a shutter-release lock that is by default employed when there is not a coupled lens on the camera. This is to protect your film and to keep you from accidentally exposing it. Since digital doesn't present the same opportunity to ruin an expendable resource like film the same is not true of the DSLR's. That being said, there is a chart somewhere on the pop photo website (I believe), that gives you the various button combinations that will over-ride the shutter-release lock for various Maxxum cameras. This is what I found doing a quick google for minolta shutter-lock:

Minolta/Konica Minolta "Shutter lock" or "lens check" feature:

Minolta's way of "saving" us from taking a picture with a faulty electronic lens attached, or from damaging the shutter or sensor can often be found in the owner's instruction manuals and service manuals for various Minolta electronic SLR cameras.

Minolta xi and si cameras, and most later models, have a shutter lock / lens check feature which prevents the shutter from being released if anything other than a functional AF lens is fitted -- slide copier, T-mount lens, telescope / microscope adapter, M42 lens, other adapter for other lenses, or of course any dysfunctional or incompatible electronic AF lens.

To over-ride this "safety" feature on demand, Minolta incorporated controls in many of their interchangeable lens AF SLR cameras. Note: Minolta/Konica Minolta APS/35m/Digital AF SLR camera models are variously named Alpha (Japan and China), Dynax (Asia, Europe, Africa), and Maxxum (the Americas).

Model = shutter lock / lens check toggle:

Minolta 2xi, 3xi, and Spxi 35mm cameras = Requires circuit modification by Minolta to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. Minolta 300si 35mm camera = Press and hold FLASH and DRIVE/SELFTIMER buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON (Off appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 303si 35mm camera = Press MODE and SELF TIMER to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 3L 35mm camera = press and hold SUBJECT PROG and DRIVE while turning the main switch to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 4 35mm camera = Select Custom Function 12 and set to 2 to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, set Custom Function back to option 1.

Minolta 400si 35mm camera = Press and hold Drive Mode and AV buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 404si 35mm camera = Press and hold the P and Self Timer switches with Function Dial at ME while sliding the Main Switch to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 5 35mm camera = Select Custom Function 14 and set to 2 to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, set Custom Function back to option 1.

Minolta 5000, 7000, 9000, 3000i, 5000i, 7000i, and 8000i 35mm cameras = No preparation needed to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached.

Minolta 500si 35mm camera = Press and hold Drive Mode and SPOT buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 505si Super 35mm camera = Press and hold Self Timer and SPOT buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 507si, 600si and 650si 35mm cameras = Press and hold the LENS RELEASE button and FILM SPEED/ISO button with the lens removed and move the power switch from LOCK to ON (OFF appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 5xi 35mm camera = Press and hold SPOT and FUNC. buttons and switch from LOCK to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 700si 35mm camera = Press and hold SPOT and CARD buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 7xi and 9xi 35mm cameras = Press and hold AEL and FUNC. buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 800si 35mm camera = Press and hold SUBJECT PROGRAM and AEL buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON (OFF appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta 7 and 9 35mm cameras = Select Custom Function 16 and set to 2 to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, set Custom Function back to option 1.

Minolta Htsi, HTsi Plus and Xtsi 35mm camera = Press and hold the Selftimer-Drive Mode button and Spot/AE button while sliding the Main Switch to ON (OFF appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta QTsi 35mm camera = Press and hold the Selftimer-Drive Mode button and Subject Program button while sliding the Main Switch to ON (OFF appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta RD-175 digital camera = Press and hold DRIVE/SELFTIMER and AV buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON. (ON appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta RD-3000 digital camera = Press DRIVE and SPOT (while switching to REC) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure. (Note: adapter needed to use Minolta A mount lenses.)

Minolta Stsi and 404si 35mm cameras = Move the function Dial to Multiple Exposure, press and hold the Program Reset and Selftimer-Drive Mode button while sliding the Main Switch to ON (OFF appears in LCD panel) to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure.

Minolta Vectis S-1 APS camera = Press ON/OFF to turn camera ON. Open door that covers hidden buttons. Press the Drive Mode button (farthest on the left) and the MODE button together. "ON" will appear in the LCD panel. Press the "SEL" button (second from right in hidden buttons). "OFF" Will appear in the LCD panel - all this to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure. Or, also reported for the Minolta Vectis S-1 = Press MODE + SELF TIMER = 'on' appears on display; SEL = 'off appears on display to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. Press any other button to confirm. (Note: adapter needed to use Minolta A mount lenses).

Minolta Vectis S-100 APS camera = SUBJECT PROGRAM and = 'on' is displayed. +/- = 'off' is displayed to release the shutter without a functional electronic lens attached. Press any other button to confirm. To re-instate the shutter lock, repeat the same procedure. (Adapter needed to use Minolta A mount lenses.)

Hope this solves your problem!

This feature is called "lens release lock". It disables releasing the camera when a non-electronic lens is mounted. To disable it, do the following:

<p>

Press and hold the self-timer drive mode button and spot/AE button while sliding the main switch to ON (OFF appears in LCD panel). Do the same to re-enable the feature (ON appears in LCD panel).

OK!

Also the sony a100 has a lens release lock by default, but it's possible to turn it off from the main menu of the camera...

I thought that the lens release lock worked independently from the prensence of a film, insted now i know it's not so...

Thanks a lot to all of you!

Bye!

• 1 year later...

Hello !

I am french so, please, speak me with simples words !!!!

I have a FISH-EYE MC ZENITAR - M2,8/16. When I use my DYNAX 4, I haven't any problem. I select CUSTOM 12 and set to 2 and it's OK. With my DYNAX 7, I select CUSTOM 16 and set to 2. I can take my photo, but my camera put out. I must select OFF and after ON to use it again. Is it dangerous for my camera ? Have you a simple answer ? Please, help me !!!

Thanks and regards

Natalie