Zenit TTL with no light meter

I am very new to photography and I chose rather to explore analog photography,

to get know the media better, nature of it..

I found Zenit TTL, just the thing is - battery’s lid is missing, so the light meter

does not work..

The question is – is there any way to work with it anyway, or some alternative way

to ‘measure’ light?

I will be very grateful for any suggestions

You could try fixing a coin plus metal washer(s) with a tape to hold the button cell in place and make proper electrical contacts. If the meter is working then you could try looking for spares from old camera shops. If the meter does not work then it may be too expensive to repair. You could, then, use a separate hand-held meter.

You can use the "sunny 16" rule for exposure (Google it for an explanation). Shoot negative film (color is actually easier to get processed these days) and use something like the exposure sheet below. The latitude on color negative film is so great that you will get decent pictures even without a meter. Used hand-held meters that work are sometimes a little hard to find these days--new ones are still expensive.

As Subbarayan says, if you can get the meter to work, or find another way to meter, the Zenit is a perfectly fine, if a little crude, learning machine.<div>00PpYr-49237584.jpg.dcec6293f5c566a60ab57c1cee4514b7.jpg</div>