zenit t t l

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by maddalice, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hi. i have a zenit ttl. shoud it still work if the battrey is dead to fire a
    shot.. thank you. alice.

2. Yes, but the meter won't work.

3. Yeah the light meter won't work, but I've had good luck just following the sunny f16 rule w/my Zenit TTL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_16_rule

If you do a google search I'm sure you can figure out what kind of battery will work for it, too. I just haven't bothered.

4. thank u. i think it must be broken it wont click.thank you. alice.

5. Many Zenits have a shutter lock, I think you release it by rotating the shutter button. Not sure if this model works the same way. Check online for a manual. Ever use Google?

6. Don't assume it's broken just yet.Zenit's are funny you rewind the film by depressing a collar around the shutter release button & then turning the shutter release button to lock it down.Even after you've rewound the film & returned the shutter button to it's normal position (line pointing forward) it wont work/click right until after you've worked it a couple of times & then it's just fine.

7. david i think ti is better to ask on here than google.thank you.alice.

8. Dustin McAmera

Dustin McAmera Yorkshire, mostly on film.

The manual is reproduced (converted to a webpage) here, at Zenit's own site. It says that battery should be a Mallory PX13, and the collar round the shutter button is labelled 'shutter disengaging bush', as suggested by Waite above. Hope you get it working!

9. Alice, you wont find a manual here but you will via Google!

10. i thoght this is a place to ask questions. sorry. alice.