zen photo image quality - help needed

jbsox

Hi , My web designer is using Zenphoto for my gallaries. He sent me a link to the gallaries and many of the images

are soft. The images I sent him on a disk were not, could anyone tell me what we are doing wrong? Is it a size or

resolution problem on my end?

All help would be appreaciated

For important uses I always explicitly down-sample and sharpen at the final resolution and with the final use (web, halftone, etc.) in mind.

It can (often) be done en masse from high-resolution (and wide-gamut) originals using a Photoshop action (or similar) that's tuned to the end-use.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

<p>I use Zenphoto for my website pragueinphotos.com and I have to say it works GREAT!!!<br>

There is an easy solution for your problem: In the Zenphoto Administration panel, go to "options," then "image." Under "Image quality," you can set the compression for images (100 best quality, biggest file; 0 worst quality, smallest file). Set this higher, then scroll down to "Sharpen". Normally, unsharp mask is only applied to thumbnails, not images. Check the mark for images and all images will automatically be sharpened. This uses more resources on your web server, of course (Warning: can overload slow servers).<br>

On the same settings screen, you can also apply a watermark etc.<br>

Hope this helps. Please contact me if you have any more questions.<br />Michael</p>