zeiss super ikonta 531/2 mx

larry_benjamin

It's just as Mike said, and in addition, advance the film just prior to exposing the next frame thus avoiding film "warping" at the gate. I have one MX and it takes wonderful pictures. If you have a chance, test the speeds. And if you ever use 1/500, cock the shutter after you set the ring on this speed, thus avoiding damaging the extra spring for the 1/500. For the 1/250 and below, you can do whatever pleases you.

If you want the 6x4.5 format, you have to buy the 6x4.5 reducing frame (mask) applied at the film gate. Last night, I just saw one on ebay. Go to Ikonta, and I don't have any connections with the seller.

Larry - I have one as well. Do some tests with the view finder to get a rough idea on how the frame lines work, on some cameras the framelines might be crooked or high or low. The camera is a great tool, I think you will find the chromes or negatives impressive. After I purchased one I sent it off for a CLA so I knew it was in good shape. I have an original manual if you need any questions answered.

• 2 months later...