Zeiss, please help

Hi Manel, this is the Ikonta 532/2. The value is around $ 80.00 a better choice is the Tessar lens at f3.5. This model was made about 1950

No rangefinder so its a much cheaper version. My advise find the model 524 with a Tessar and buld in rangefinder. Super sharp photos!

For your information, on most, if not all, Zeiss folding cameras there is a three-digit number (usually starting with 5xx) stamped in the leatherette of the back, followed by a slash and a one- or two-digit number, the complete format should look like 5xx/y or 5xx/yy. This makes it much easier to identify model and possible year(s) of manufacturing.

If properly adjusted the Novar lenses are not that bad as often stated. I made tack-sharp shots with the f/3.5 75mm Novar (of course stopped down).

Ok Manel , I did not read your post carefully and thought it was just a general inquiry. You already own the camera I would say its capable of taking a good photo if you shut down the lens somewhat. Certainly easy to use too, more so than any modern camera. When you get around to it post a few here.

That is a beauty!

The novar are very capable lenses if you use a shade and stop down a little.

Even though wide opne it produces a cool soft "rim" at the edges.

You won;t be dissapointed by the results, even with color film. I'd use print film first, since the speeds maybe off a little bit and negative film can give you that extra 1/3 or 1/2 stop latitude you require.

Once you see a 6x9 negative enlarged it is a different story!

Mucha suerte!

I'm no expert but your Zeiss 6 x 9 folder sure looks like a Ikonta IIc (518-2) from 1949-57. The quite similar Ikonta equivalent has 2 tall knobs on the top side and typically used a higher end Compur shutter. McKeown's has the Nettar 518-2 valued at $30-60. If the Novar lens (triplet) has coated optics then that's a nice plus for a folding camera. I'm pretty sure most if not all folders made prior to end of WWII had uncoated optics (still fine under most conditions). From what I understand many Zeiss cameras have a model designation embossed on the leatherette which makes identification pretty easy.