zeiss nettar shutter stuck

hi, my 517/16, 6.3 novar, zeiss nettar II which i've run countless rolls thru has suddenly decided to cause

me grief. i cocked the shutter but it won't trip and remains in that position. it pushes the lever all the way

[located below at 7 o'clock], but the shutter still doesn't trip when pressing the top button or manually

pushing that lower lever. it was all cleaned/lubed months ago too. i don't want to force the cocking lever

back to 'uncocked status' but how do i get it back there? do i need to open up the lens elements [again!] to

get at whatever is sticking? any help is appreciated. thanks.

Hi,

I don't know if this is any real help. I don't have my Super Ikonta

at the moment to look again. Once while playing... I mean testing it;

I advanced the film and it wouldn't trip with the body release. I examined the linkage and on the lens/shutter, I got the impression that the (time setting)lever (from the previous trip movement) hat traveleld too far and was stuck in a forward position. It seemed stuck between a gated ring and the opposite straight ring.

I played with the Time/Speed ring.. here my memory is not so good.... then I went make to the trip linkage and fiddled a bit with my finger ... nothing was forced but it fired. Since then, for whatever reason I've been wary of the high speed (300/500)setting. I lent it to a friend about a year ago. I do need to get it back from him. Maybe I got lucky, so don't lose heart just yet. I don't know what's involved with disassembly. But keep the Faith!

Hi,

I thought of you reading this thread.

Thread titles is "Thrift store 6x9" (also a Zeiss Folder)

Frank seemed to do a better job of explainging how the shutter could be tripped. Do read the whole thread as there's reference to double exposure locks that may also be related!

Frank R, Aug 08, 2007; 10:15 p.m.

You say the trigger "plate" stops just short of tripping the shutter? The shutter retaining ring may be a little loose causing the shutter to be rotated away from the arm. Twist the shutter body a bit so that the trip lever almost contacts the arm plate.

Good Luck

Thanks Chuck, but the retaining ring is aligned and the trigger plate does make full contact

with the arm. The shutter just won't move. It's just stuck up top in the cocked position. I used

a cable release too, and though there doesn't seem to be any obstruction it too depresses

fully but no 'click' and release. I've dropped some lighter fluid in there as well and nothing

unhinged. sigh.

I'm not adverse to disassembly but am concerned i may open it and whatever is holding the

tension will suddenly spring out and I'll never put it back. Do you think that may be a

possibility?<div>00MGm1-38011284.jpg.b49545833f045d483d891d79286d6f82.jpg</div>