Zeiss Nettar 517/16

farish_heflin

<p>Hi everyone, I have just purchased my first medium format camera - zeiss nettar 517/16 - but the shutter seems stuck and i cannot figure out how to reset everything. <br>

what happened was: i forgot to turn the shutter knob on the left, but pushed the timer (i think there's some sort of an 8-second shutter timer lever on top of the lens) lever to the right. now the shutter won't fire as there seems to be 2 very small dots sticking out on the shutter release button to prevent it from going down fully. the timing lever won't move back to the left as well.<br>

there's another lever at the bottom of the lens that wouldn't move as well and i think it's to do with the shutter release not being able to depress fully. <br>

i've downloaded the manual, scoured the internet, but i cannot find a solution to this. please help! </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Hello, just happened to see your post here. Sorry for the late response. Try freeing it up with some carefully applied Ronsonal light fluid, also known as "Naptha". If that does not work, please post the question over on the <a href="../classic-cameras-forum/">Classic Manual Camera Forum</a> here at photo.net. They are very helpful and a wealth of information on older equipment. I've had several Nettars and loved them all. Excellent lenses and you can't beat the cost and weight.<br>

Good luck.</p>