Zeiss Nettar 515/2 Compur shutter sticking at 1/25... SOS

"Oh my god is that a 6x9 medium format camera in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

Yep its amazing, however now I have found that the shutter speed dial will not progress beyond 1/25th

of a second, its almost as though it has hit a barrier: am i being dumb and missing something beyond

glaring obvious?

I have removed front and read lenses, and played with (well shaken) the shutterand I just cant see

where or why it is stuck. The self timer works and functions, the shutter speeds up to 1/25th are

accurate... well you know what I mean, there's a difference between 1 second, 1/5th and 1/25th.

This all occured this afternoon and I'm missing my 1/400th of a second, How do I get it back?

Any help greatly appreciated, I believe the warranty has lapsed... and I am in the uk, anyone any

pointers

Regards G.

P.S. To keep it colorful:

If you want to seriously blow your lab technicians mind, remove the 120 film from the dark backing,

selotape a reel of 35mm negative in its place (in a dark bag) cutting away the excess and roll, you

should be using about 40 cms worth of film... ish.

Then wrap it all up and shoot it off- remember to consider that only the central strip is exposed.

Once exposed, selotape it back onto the film end sticking out of the film canister, and reel it back

inside. Remember to do it this in a dark bag again.

Then hand the 35mm film to your Lab tech, and ask him to print 4 inch panoramics...

The negatives are 24mm x 90mm, the equivalent of 2 & 1/2 regular shots! ha ha ha.

Now if your Lab tech is any good( and if you are still shooting film, then you should be using someone

good), he will return the films to you and nonchalantly caution you that the pics werent very sharp and

that personally the exposed sprockets effect is not his cuppa tea!

In point of fact, you should be able to easily print this out 10 inches wide by ... 25 inches long! I cant

wait to load a 35mm length into my 5x4 back, that will deffinetly push my tech over the edge. 24mm

125mm hehehe

Oh and Danny if you are reading this, I oue you for the electric shock stapler,

And electric shock Pen

And electric shock Remote control tank

And electric shock Russian roulette game you played with your contacts taped!

Cheers!

Damn I thought it was the correct width to appear below the text, oh well, at least you get

the idea.

I am not going to appologise for the quality, this was a grab shot and the way it got

digitised was also a quick grab shot, but the net result does go a long way down the page

and gives you the general idea

haha