wei_zhang

Hi all,

I am wondering if anybody have done any test on this lens. How is

the resolution on it? and does this lens have enough coverage for

6x7? I am curious because I have a beat up Zeiss Ikon TLR, I am

thinking about remove the taking lens and then mounted on a lens

board to shoot on a 2x3 view camera.

Thanks for your input.

This is a pedestrian lens. By that, I mean it's average at best. Stopped down to f/8 or smaller will give you decent results, but likely the image will still be soft in the corners. I think it should give you 6x6 coverage. Not sure it will cover 6x7.

You'd be better off with a Tessar or Xenar, if you can find one.

Wei, it seems that there's a law of nature to the effect that there are no inexpensive wide angle lenses, except perhaps from the former Soviet Union, for formats larger than 35 mm still. And the ex-Soviet Union lenses are for nominal 6x6. Above that, all you can do is pay.

Sorry,

Dan

Thanks for all your input! In fact I do have quite selection of Schneider and Horseman lenses to use (from 65mm to 180mm), but I am always fasinated about stick the old lens onto a modern camera and see how well they perform. :) BTW, the Polaroid Tominon 127mm 1:4.7 (took it off a Polaroid Copy Camera) is really a sharp lens! Thanks again!

Two thoughts.

First, if you have a lens and the other equipment and want to find out how well it will work, trying it out will get you a better answer than asking here.

Second, a while ago I got one of those CU-5 127/4.7 Tominons in Copal #1 Press for the shutter. Tried it out. NOT a throwaway, now I use it instead of my battered 127/4.7 Ektar. I agree with you about it.

If I'd asked about it here, odds are I'd have got the generic "Tominons are no good" response from those who don't know as much as I need them to. As for the shutter, I found an ex-MP-4 #1 Press at a good price. Better shutter for my purposes than the CU-5 one.

Cheers,

Dan