Zeiss-Ikon Nettar 516/2, what year?

<p>Hi guys,<br /> <br /> Just got a 6x9 folder, it's a Zeiss-Ikon Nettar 516/2. Lens is a Novar - Anastigmat f/4.5 105 cm (no serial) and it has a Compur shutter B (no T), 1-1/250s, serial 1414539. The number L 90083 is also stamped in the leather on the back near the hinge.<br /> <br /> I found lot's of information on 515 and 517 but not so much on 516. Any idea what year this one was manufactured?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Looks nice and clean. The raised housing with the multiple exposure prevent seems to be the main difference between this and the 515/2 that many of us have. With that lens and shutter you should be able to make some really fine pictures.</p>

<p>Yes, it looks nice. I haven't cleaned it up or anything since I got it. But there is some kind of problem with the link arms so it doesn't fold as it should. I think it may have been dropped and then have sitting on a shelf for some years.</p>

<p>It's amazing that it was manufactured during world war two. Makes me wonder what this camera has seen during the last almost 70 years.</p>

• 2 years later...
<p>Hello, I just purchased this camera and I think I have a shutter problem but I am not sure, I can only get the shutter to 'fire' (sorry my english is bad) when I get it passed the timer button, but it won't fire without the timer. Then the lever is just stuck there and the shutter wont work unless I pull the lever past the timer button again. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the shutter mechanism broken ?</p>