Zeiss Ikon Box-Tengor 54/2 shutter

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by timo_into, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Hello all,
    I recently picked up a Zeiss Ikon Box-Tengor 54/2 from a thrift store. Otherwise it's in good order but the shutter is not functional. The metal cord that should swing the metal plate hangs loose and hence does not fill its task when the shutter switch is flipped.
    Now, if anyone here has a similar camera, could you share a picture of a working shutter assembly, so I would know how to re-attach the metal cord and get the shutter working again!
    Thank you!
    Timo

2. I have one of the early ones 1928-ish (with the controls on the side instead of the front of the camera), if that's similar to your model of the Tengor I'll see if I can get you a picture of shutter later today.

3. [​IMG]
    Here's a close-up of the early Box Tengor 54/2

4. How's that for service?
    Ain't P.net wonnerful?

5. Thank you Rick! I can't wait to get back home from work and start working on the shutter, hopefully I can shoot a test roll next weekend.
    Have a great new year!
    BR,
    Timo

6. Timo, just to let you know that I managed to repair a broken 56/2 shutter just the other day. If you take a hard look at the shutter mechanism you will soon find out how it's supposed to work.
    Korjausterveisin,
    Mb