Zeiss for FD?

JakeQ

Bob Shell thought it could be done, and tried to have one made. It seems that the tiny registration difference makes an adapter difficult to manufacture. Dig around on auctions, as some of these folks in China, particulary the KengchuJadeWorld guy in Macau, may have tried it. Try kengchu7@macau.ctm.net and see what he has. Also consider a quite inexpensive adapter to adapt a Contax lens (or any of several others) to a Canon digital SLR.

I have a PILE of Braun Paxette M-39 mount lenses they have a registration distance of a tiny bit over 44mm So if you Could make a LTM or M-39 (the thread is basically the same) to FD mount then you could have what you've asked for.

Since Carl Zeiss made a 50mm F2.0 Tessar in M-39 Mount for the Paxette. Expect to pay a lot of money for it as it is one of the rarest of the Paxette lenses and there are a lot of collectors that would love to have one.

It's only one of two of the many 45-50mm lenses Braun offered I don't have.

OH the best article you would find on the Paxettes would be in Amature Photographer written by Ivor Matanle for the June 2003 issue. I was one of Ivor,s major sources of research. I've been intot he little RF's since High school Many of the Baby pictures my dad shot of me some 49 or so years ago were shot with a Braun Super II. I hav eit in my living room on display.

>FD Planars? Do you have a picture?

Sorry, no.

>Stopped down metering only, but works very well...

I`ve used an older Tessar (Jena) with the "P" adapter and I`ll have to say that stopped down metering didn`t work well for me at all.

• 2 weeks later...

You can also use Exakta lenses with an appropriate FD adapter. Stop-down metering only, of course. Exakta lenses tend to be less expensive than their M42 counterparts.

I'm staying away from the religious debate about whether Carl Zeiss Jena lenses are optically inferior to their twins from across the border. They're the only game in town for many mounts, and I've never noticed any difference.