Z9specs out?

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by Rick Helmke, Jul 19, 2021.

1. If camera companies could see the future, Nikon in particular, they would be loosing money. :)

2. As I said I like loud shutter sound but I would switch camera system for a system with only silent shutter because I like purely electronic shutter for its accuracy.

3. Electronically controlled mechanical shutters are highly reproducible and accurate except at their fastest speeds, this is the first time I read a complaint about their accuracy. Could you explain what your problem is and an application example?

4. I prefer shutter speed accuracy of better than 1/10 stop (which is a big 7% or so) but few electronically controlled mechanical shutter can do that even in normal speed like 1/125 or 1/250. At 1/4000 they are off by 1/2 stop often.

5. How did you measure it, and did you do the measurement with a lens? If there was a lens used, how did you ensure the variability is not from the aperture?

The variability in exposure times from a focal-plane shutter is likely to be a fraction of the shortest time available (typically 1/8000s). If you get larger variability than that, then my guess it is coming from either the lighting or the aperture.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021