Zörk pro shift ?? Any idea?

kribee

<p>Hi!<br>

I am looking for a sharp, flare resistant, tilt (shift) wide lens for my Mamiya 645.<br>

I'd like it to be good in the corner at around f/11. Architecture is my goal.<br>

I am pretty sceptic about these Arsat and Hartblei. I was quite happy when I discovered<br>

an Fotodiox Hassy to Pentax 645 adapter.... but I soon learned that Hassy does not make any<br>

TS lens!<br>

Then I came across this :</p>

<p>http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_pshift.htm</p>

<p>So I was thinking... with a Pentax 67 45mm..... on my Pentax 645 NII ...<br>

It would be great to hear some experiences..<br>

Thank you</p>

<p>Hi,<br>

Herwig Zörkendörfer is or was (I am not shure if he is still in business personal) a genius on everything that has to do with lenses. Coming from the movie business over 30 years ago he became the #1 adress for any problems with professionel cameras and lenses. You had a wish, he pimped your cam. In the 70's were reports about him pointing out his extra ordinary quality work and his good reputation in the branch. Since the company is still on the market after all this years, I would bet that the quality is not less than in former years.</p>

<p>All the adapters add extension to existing lenses, so it is difficult to get any of the normally desired wide-angle views for architecture. The Hartblei are a good solution offering good quality imaging with up-to-date technology. Make sure you avoid scams by going directly to <a href="http://www.hartblei.de/" target="_blank"><em>www.hartblei.de</em></a><br />But if you are really serious about the architecture photography, it is worth investing in a purpose built camera. In medium format there is Linhof, Cambo, among others, with a lot of gear to be found on eBay.<br />Cheaper still is 4x5 format with a heap of gear out there for the pickings. Ideally you will be processing your own.<br />Alternatively, go down to 35mm and buy a camera to fit a Schneider 28mm PC lens. And in 35mm, there is the option of buying a new Zeiss ZM 21mm F4.5 for any Leica M mount camera, use good film and crop the final image. I suggest the 4.5 Biogon because it is virtually distorion free, and a lot cheaper and lighter than the 2.8 21mm. For other cameras, the Zeiss range is also impressive. There is a new 18mm for Nikon F mounts. Stunning. <a href="http://www.zeiss.com/photo">http://www.zeiss.com/photo</a><br />Many options, but not if you want only to use the camera in hand.<br />Cheers, Jenny.</p>

<p>Thank you Jenny for your answer. I am planning to go 4X5 once back from my travel, which is starting soon.<br>

But for now I am looking for the best IQ/portability ratio.<br>

After 4 years of all-digital photography, I have dived into film again, and what a pleasure it is !<br>

Cheers</p>

<p>I've got a Mamiya 645 and would kill for a 45mm affordable tilt solution for full landscape depth of field. Since Phase One are remarketing the hartblei superrotator lenses under their own brand (complete with a hefty pricetag hike no doubt) the existing hartblei lenses aren't available from source any more, since its probably part of the Phase one contract that they stop producing their own cheaper version, or they don't have the manufacturing resources to make both. As a result, used ones on ebay etc are like rocking horse shit, and expensive rocking horse shit at that - i saw a 45mm hartblei tilt go recently on ebay for over $1300 USD, way above what its actually worth, and that was a seller with over a hundred negative feedbacks in the last year - crazy. Contrast to what they used to sell for about a year ago, about $500 USD (I saw one used for £300 pounds sterling, just after i moved up to 645, wish I'd bought it now).</p>

<p>The Zork things look like a good option for shift (assuming the price isn't skyhigh) but to get the tilt too it looks like you need an aditional adaptor which rules out a wide-angle lens:</p>

<p>"...the shortest focal length lens would be a 135-150mm."</p>

<p>There are some russian/ukraine products around on ebay that allow pentacon6 lenses to mount on 35mm/DSLR bodies giving a few dregrees of adjustable tilt, and not too expensive too. What I need is someone to make something equivalent that allows a pentax 6x7 45mm lens to tilt mount on a mamiya 645 body.</p>

<p>The thought of scavanging a couple of pentax67 and mamiya645 mounts (broken extension tubes etc) and just making a fixed tilt adaptor out of wood/metal (say 2 degrees should be enough for landscape) does appeal.</p>

<p> </p>