YouTube's Auto-Generate Channels vs Copyright Issues.

<p>Hope this is not off topic but it does concern photographic content as well but I just stumbled on this today after noticing certain YouTube videos I had saved in years past as Favorites and in my History have been removed as copyright infringement take downs indicated with the typical grayTV icon.</p>

<p>This told me at least there's someone watching out for this and on clicking on those grayTV icons it gives the name of the license owner's authorizing the take down.</p>

<p>Didn't think much of it seeing I always thought YouTube was behind this or was suppose to be watching out for this until I found YouTube uses algorithms to auto generate copyright protected content as channels for visitors to subscribe to. I found this by locating in a YouTube site search one song from an album I had to buy as an mp3 download instead of my typical CD purchase on Amazon. I wanted to make it my Favorite but was concerned about it being taken down like the others when I clicked on the name of the "entity" that posted that it was part of a subscription channel... http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUNwUblQhGdIFAxcNsP-NBQ/featured ...from the Les Baxter album "Ritual Of The Savage". Click on the "About" on that page to see who generated it.</p>

<p>I clicked "About" on that page and tunneled down to this explanation of what an auto-generated channel is and who is creating it here... http://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2579942</p>

<p>How is this not an admission YouTube is enabling anyone to post any copyright protected content by allowing their crafty algorithms to collect it and turn it into a subscription channel without checking copyright infringement. I thought individuals (real humans) created subscription channels, not algorithms. Why can't YouTube create an algorithm to check and stop copyright infringement?</p>

<p> </p>